Wednesday, December 26, 2007

I can't cook and I got robbed.

I just realized that I'm a terrible cook, or at least a lazy cook. I'm sitting here eating cheerios for dinner contemplating ordering chinese delivery, despite the fact I'm flat broke after being a victim of credit card fraud and the enormous investment of the capitalist holiday season. Then I realize that the reason I'm eating cheerios for dinner is becuase Anna isn't here. She does spoil me when it comes to food. Once again I'm helpless without her. The few dishes I knew how to make when I was single are long forgotten. I do miss her and the kids, but one can't complain about the rare peace and quiet. ;-) Back to being robbed. Someone got a hold of my check card number and managed to use it to create a fake card and proceed to use that card to charge $504.95 at a Safeway in Mill Valley, CA. I've never even been to California and the card was still in my possession. How you spend that much money at a grocery is beyond me, but that's what the amount was that came out of my checking account. Wells Fargo's systems were smart enough to recognize the fraud since the very same card was used in Duluth, MN the same day two hours prior to that. But they didn't lock my account until after the transaction was made. So I git ripped off first. Then Wells Fargo gets ripped off after they credit back my account. Then the Safeway will end up getting ripped off after Wells Fargo charges it back to them. Merry Christmas the American way! I hope they ate good with all of their Safeway take.

2 comments:

  1. Man, I'm sorry you had to go through all of that. At least you were credited back the amount.

    As for the Cheerios, you certainly have options. You could always go to cooks.com and find something good there.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea, meals.com has come in handy on a few occasions. I just hate cooking. Perhaps it's the mess left behind when you're done that I have a problem with. I'd much rather eat out anytime. No mess, no fuss. Except eating out with two little kids isn't always the most relaxing thing to do. We normally eat at home, but Anna usually cooks. Like I said, I'm spoiled ;-)

    ReplyDelete