
This winter feels like the winters from my childhood in Minnesota. The last few years haven't delivered much more than long, cold, snowless winters. It just felt so unnatural and wrong. It really feels good to look out the window and see a scene like this up in the great north woods. I remember the great halloween storm when we got, hmmm what was it.. I think about 40 inches in one day. The city shuts down and every kid in the neighborhood grabs a sled and heads out for the great hills of Duluth. I remember opening my front door and not being able to see anything because almost the whole house was covered in snow. I remember having to dig a tunnel out of our front door just to get to the streets. these are the days that make our winters fun.
I was beginning to think that our climate was being changed for good or at least for the different. This year just feels the way Minnesota is supposed to feel. The winters are just too long, cold, and depressing without a little of the fluffy stuff. SHe looks like she's having a good time, Aubrey is not a big fan of winter yet. She is much happier inside where it's warm. But here's a rare picture of Aubrey smiling and having fun in the snow. Merry Christmas!

No comments:
Post a Comment