Sunday, February 17, 2008

RonUpNorth Welcomed to the Feline Theocracy

Last November my boss over at the Trib asked me if I wanted to attend the Blogworld conference in Vegas and bring back a report on new media opportunites. I thought it was a little strange since it had nothing to do with my job (I'm a tech); but I couldn't turn down an all expense paid trip to Vegas. So my natural response was "hell yea".

I had never blogged before, but after going to the expo and experiencing the energy and community of the bloggers first hand, I couldn't wait to get home and set up a blog. I came back energized and bursting with ideas to bring back to our web team.

While I was there I met a lot of really interesting people. One guy I met briefly in a seminar told me about his blog. At first I was just interested in the blogworld notes he posted on his blog; but after reading some of his posts I started to get a better idea of what blogging was all about. Bloggig gives anyone a platform to voice their ideas outside of the mainstream media. I feel I was introduced to a whole new, raw, undercurrent that tells it like it really is. I'm so tired of mainstream media (msm) shoving their canned ideas down our throat that it was really refreshing to start hearing real people talk about the real world.

Even though I don't agree with all of his political views; KT Cat still appealed to me. This was another refreshing change. It seems in today's world, if people don't share the same political views they despise each other. But without differing views, our country wouldn't work. I'm not saying I think this country is perfect, but having freedoms to express different views is one of the few great things about this country. Just because we don't agree on everything doesn't mean we can't figure things out together.

I've always considered myself a liberal, but truthfully I just want the best for us all. I want peace, prosperity, and honesty for everyone. Right now I see none of these things in our country. I'm hopeful for our future, but I think our country and our planet is in store for some dark times if we dont' see some serious changes soon.

I'm proud to say that yesterday I was welcomed into the Feline Theocracy blog group. I was deemed the Friar of Fatherhood, which I thought was pretty cool. Thanks again KT Cat for supporting me in my blogging efforts and helping me to find my online voice. You are a gentleman and a scholar.

Peace!

4 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad you're posting. I'm not sure if the standard labels of liberal and conservative will apply in ten years or so when so many of us will have found our own, unique voices.

    I'm also looking forward to Blogworld this year. If you go, we have to hook up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ron, I'm so sorry I'm such a dense dufus. Didn't we meet at the back of the room in one of the talks on the last day of the conference?

    ReplyDelete
  3. kt, yea.. we met at one of the last seminars sitting way in the back. I think it might've been about widgets?? Can't remember exactly I went to so many. But I enjoyed our brief conversation and thanks again for all the tips.

    ReplyDelete