It was only about 20 below zero this morning when I got up in Duluth and 45 below in I-Falls!
But at least I don't live in Tok, Alaska. I read a story on NPR.org last week that Tok had temps around 80 below. Here's a link to a blogpost with a picture of a thermometer reading -80F at the Tetlin National Wildlife Refuge offices in Tok, Alaska. That's insane!
Here's a link to an ABCNEWS story about the cold snap featuring the front page of the Duluth News Tribune.
I don't remember a winter this cold in years, but it's definitely nothing new. We do have the weekend to look forward too though, it's supposed to be in the twenties this weekend. The Twenties! That's almost 50 degrees warmer than it is right now! I'll have to get out my shorts and flipflops.. HEAT WAVE COMING!
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment